Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Request a fine reduction for your eligible infraction offense using the new MyCitations tool.


Kings's Self-Help Center & Family Law Facilitator

Notice: Children are NOT permitted inside the Self Help Center

Services Provided:

Family Law Facilitator/Self Help will guide, direct, and assist with the following cases: Divorce, Legal separation, Establish paternity, Modify child custody and visitation orders, Modify child and spousal support orders, Civil Harassment restraining orders, Guardianships (person only), Name changes and non complex civil actions.

Visiting the Family Law Facilitator

A Family Law Facilitator is an attorney appointed by the Court to assist parents in resolving child support, and health insurance issues that arise when the parents separate. Although the Facilitator can help everyone, priority is given to those parents who cannot afford to hire an attorney. If the Facilitator has time, they can help with other family law problems the parents may have.

The Facilitator CAN: explain the Court process to you, mediate disputes about child custody and spousal support, step parent adoptions, guardianships, name changes, help you prepare for Court, refer you to the Family Support Division and other community resources, answer other family law questions that you may have and provide you with information on how to handle the important issues of child support, spousal support, paternity, custody and visitation.

The Facilitator CANNOT: represent you in Court or give you legal advice regarding your particular case.

For your meeting with the Facilitator, you must bring:

  • A copy of any Court documents relating to your case
  • Income and expense information
  • Your last three paycheck stubs, or AFDC invoice
  • A copy of your last tax return

Upon arrival, you will be asked to fill in an Intake Form. If you need to fill out forms to proceed with your case, you may obtain these from the Facilitator. The Facilitator has instructional material that will show you how to fill out these forms.

If you need legal advice, the Facilitator will assist you in finding an attorney to help you.

File at Home

Helpful links to assist self-represented parties.

  • E-file - Upload your completed court documents for filing with the court.

  • Odyssey Guide and File - An online interview process that assists you with filing out your documents.

    NOTE: Once you select "Kings County" you will be notified you cannot E-file directly from this program. Continue with the interview process. You can download and/or print your documents once completed. All non-attorneys may file their documents either in person, by mail or E-filing.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.