COVID-19 General Orders and Press Releases
Self-Help Center Closed
Effective December 14, 2020, The Self-Help Center is CLOSED, please call 559-582-1010, ext. 6147, for assistance by phone.
Face Coverings Required
June 18, 2020
Please refer to the Governor’s Order as cited in the notification from the California Department of Public Health.
Coronavirus Information for the Public
Current Child Custody and Visitation Orders
Posted April 2, 2020
Nothing in the Governor's Stay-At-Home Order affects child custody and visitation orders of this court as well as custodial exchanges to facilitate those orders. The parties may travel to and from custodial exchange locations. The court expects the parties to continue to comply with all child custody and visitation orders. A party who believes that circumstances exist such that their custodial orders need to be modified may file a Request for Order seeking a modification of the orders. Emergency requests may be made as appropriate and in compliance with applicable procedures for doing so.
Posted March 18, 2020
In an effort to curtail the spread of the Covid-19 virus, the Superior Court of Kings County, will continue to provide Self-Help and Family Law Facilitator (FLF) services in person. However, Self Help and FLF staff will be providing services inside the Court’s Lobby at the Civil Service Windows. Only one (1) person per Staff member at a time will be allowed entrance into the Court’s Lobby. This will provide the recommended six (6) feet social distance space required between people. Court users will also be able to call in to the Self-Help Center to get questions answered and to be provided information regarding online services.
- General Order: June 24, 2021
- General Order: May 26, 2021
- General Order: April 23, 2021
- General Order: March 23, 2021
- General Order: February 19, 2021
- General Order: January 21, 2021
- General Order: December 17, 2020
- General Order: November 20, 2020
- General Order: October 22, 2020
- General Order: September 16, 2020
- General Order: August 17, 2020
- General Order: July 14, 2020
- General Order: June 15, 2020
- General Order: April 15, 2020
- General Order: March 30, 2020
- General Order: March 18, 2020