Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


The Records Division assists the public in obtaining copies of public court records. Records include all active and archived public records. Most of the records maintained by the Court are adjudicated and available for public viewing and purchase. The Court routinely destroys records pursuant to Government Code 68152 and Government Code 68153 and, therefore, not all records may be available. 

Please Note: Some interactive features in fillable forms may not be supported in browsers (i.e. Chrome, Safari). We recommend downloading forms and opening them in Adobe Reader.


The Court accepts requests for copies in person or by mail. You may submit your request in writing, or by completing the Local Form Request for Record Search and Copies and submitting completed request to:

Kings County Superior Court
1640 Kings County Dr.
Hanford, CA 93230

Copy Fees

The following fees, and corresponding Government Code, apply to copies of public court records:

Certifying a copy of paper, record, or proceedings on file GC 70626(a)(4) $ 40

Certificate for which fee is not otherwise fixed; includes lis pendens

GC 70626(a)(8) $ 40
Preparing a copy of any record, proceeding or paper on file (per page) GC 70627(a) $ 0.50
Comparison of a copy of with an original on file (per page) GC 70627(b) $ 1
Searching records or files, for each search longer than 10 minutes GC 70627(c) $ 15
Exemplification of record or other paper on file GC 70628 $ 50
Document authenticated pursuant to court order (per signature) GC 70629 $ 15
Certified copy of marriage or domestic partnership dissolution record (request by public agency) GC 70674 $ 10
Certified copy of marriage or domestic partnership dissolution record (request by any other applicant) GC 70674 $ 15

Advanced payment is required before your request will be processed. The Court accepts the following by mail: check, money order, or cashier’s check payable to: Kings County Superior Court. Do NOT send cash. Please use the fee schedule above and send sufficient payment of your request will be returned to you unprocessed. In addition, you must submit your request with a self-addressed stamped envelope. If no self-addressed stamped envelope is included with your request a $1.50 postage and handling fee will be added to your total. You may contact the court for more information at (559) 582-1010.

Case Search

Computer terminals are available on-site for public use. You may search for non-confidential records by name and/or case number. Pursuant to Local Rule 117(C) taking pictures of documents while viewing cases is strictly prohibited.

In addition, you may search for non-confidential cases on our court website at: by utilizing the CASE SEARCH feature.

You may contact the court for further information at (559)582-1010 or send us a question here.

What if I don't have a case number?

If you cannot locate your case number, you will need to conduct your own index search. You may utilize the public computers on-site during regular business hours, or the Case Search feature on the Court website. Alternatively, you may pay the clerk to research for you. The rate is $15.00 for any search that takes longer than 10 minutes, per name, pursuant to Government Code 70627(c). If no case number is included in your Records Request, this fee will automatically be assessed at the time your request is fulfilled. If insufficient funds are submitted with your request, your request will be returned unprocessed.

Criminal Background Check

Please note the Court does not conduct Criminal Background Checks. If you need a copy of your criminal history please contact the State of California Department of Justice at (916) 227-3849 for further assistance.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.