General Information
Fees & Forms
Local Rules
Court RFQs & RFPs
News and Media
Employment Opportunities
Court Locations
Site Map
Glossary of Legal Terms
Family & Children
Family Law Facilitator/Self Help
Jury Services
Landlord / Tenants
Restraining Orders
Small Claims
Grand Jury
Security Screening
Related Links

Traffic Violator School Program


Payment and Fees

Requesting Traffic School

Failure to complete


California Traffic Safety Institute
This site provides information on where Traffic Schools are located in your area.

Return to the Traffic Main Page

To access any of the links highlighted in blue that are found on this page, you will need version 5.0 (or higher) of the free
 Adobe Acrobat Reader 


You must meet the following conditions in order to attend the Traffic Violators School:

  1. You must have a valid driverís license at the time you were cited.
  2. You are not currently attending nor have attended a traffic school program within the last 18 months of the date of the current citation.
  3. Your violation must be for a moving violation and does not have a misdemeanor charge or require a mandatory appearance in court.
  4. Your citation is not for Vehicle Code sections 22406.5 or 21655.5
  5. You do not possess a commercial drivers license.

If you wish to view any of the Vehicle Codes, they are available through the California Law web site located at www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html. Then, follow the directions for finding the code(s) you are interested in.

If you are not eligible to attend, but do so anyway, the conviction will be reported to Department of Motor Vehicles and placed on your driverís record. There will be no refund of any fees paid.

Payment and Fees

If you meet all the conditions listed above, you may choose to attend Traffic Violator School.  You must post the full bail amount, and any required proof of correction as well as a non refundable administrative fee of $69.00.  Time payments are  allowed and are payable in 3 equal monthly installments.  You may appear in person or submit the bail amount and administrative fee of $69.00 to Superior Court of Kings County by mail.  If you are requesting the time payment option you must appear in person. In addition to the fees paid to the court for traffic violator school you will also be charged a fee by the school you attend.

Requesting Traffic School

You may appear at any court location in Kings County or at the Traffic School window located in the Criminal Division at 1426 South Drive Bldg A, Hanford CA 93230.  Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Telephone number (559) 582-1010 extension 3059 or 3062.   The automated information system will also provide you with information regarding your citation and eligibility for Traffic School as well as accept payment for

Traffic School.    When utilizing the automated information system you will need to have your credit card and citation available.  You will then receive a statewide list of qualified Traffic Schools by return mail and a date by which you must complete the traffic school.  If you have difficulty with the system or wish to speak to a clerk you should contact the Traffic Division at (559) 582-1010 at extensions 3059or 3062.

Home Study and Internet courses are allowed by this court for information regarding these courses contact the Traffic School Coordinator either in person at the Superior Court Criminal Division located at 1426 South Drive Bldg A, Hanford, CA 93230 or by phone at (559) 582-1010 ext. 3059 or 3062.

After your payment is received, you will receive a statewide list of qualified traffic schools or court approved Home Study and or Internet courses, you will also be given a date by which you must complete the traffic school. 

Failure to Complete

Failure to complete traffic school by the due date will result in a forfeiture of your fees and a conviction reported to the Department of Motor Vehicles.


If you have any questions regarding traffic school and need further assistance, please contact (559) 582-1010 extension 3059 or 3062.

Superior Court of California, Kings County
All contents copyright (C) 2003, All rights reserved.