General Information
Fees & Forms
Local Rules
Court RFQs & RFPs
News and Media
Employment Opportunities
Court Locations
Site Map
Glossary of Legal Terms
Family & Children
Family Law Facilitator/Self Help
Jury Services
Landlord / Tenants
Restraining Orders
Small Claims
Grand Jury
Security Screening
Related Links



Continuances Out of Court


Fine Stay

Jail/Adult Offender Work Program

Alcohol/Drug Program

Ignition Interlock Device

Return to the Traffic Main Page

Continuances Out of Court

If your case was continued by a Commissioner or a Judge in court, it is MANDATORY you appear as ordered.  A failure to appear could result in a warrant issued for your arrest for failure to appear at the hearing.


If you have been ordered to pay a fine you may request to make monthly payments ( a $35.00 administrative fee will added) or you may request the court grant you 30 days to pay the fine in full.

Fine stay

You may have the option to pay your fine in full within 30 days without any added fees. You will be required to sign an agreement to pay your fine.  If you cannot pay your fine within the 30 days and wish to request monthly payment you must appear in person and set a court date to appear before the court to request monthly payments.  Clerks cannot set monthly payments after you have appeared in court.

Jail/Adult Offenders Work Program


You may be sentenced to jail, if so you must report to the Kings County Sheriff’s Department-Jail located at 1570 Kings County Drive., Hanford, CA 93230 per your sentencing order.

Adult Offenders Work Program:

You may be ordered to report to the Alternative Sentencing Program, you will be interviewed to determine your eligibility for this program.  If you fail to qualify or if you are not accepted for this program, it will result in your case being returned to the court or you may begin serving you sentence in jail. 

Failure to report either to the jail or the Alternative Sentencing Program as ordered or to complete the court-ordered sentence will result in your case being returned to the court for further action including possible revocation of probation and the issuance of a warrant for your immediate arrest.

Alcohol and Drug Program

You may be ordered to complete the Alcohol and Drug Education & Counseling Program (ADEC) if you have been convicted of an alcohol or drug related offense.  You must contact (ADEC) as per your court order at (559) 582-9307. They are located at the Alcazar Bldg. 800 Irwin Street, Hanford, CA 93230 .

Ignition Interlock Device

The Court may order you to install an ignition interlock device if you are convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs or driving on a suspended license-suspended due to a DUI conviction.  You will be required to select an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) program and contact the vendor/installer as per your court order.  Installation and program fees will apply and must be paid to the program agency.  A court ordered IID installation will be reported to the Department of Motor Vehicles.  Both your vehicle registration and driving record will reflect the installation of an IID.



Superior Court of California, Kings County
All contents copyright (C) 2003, All rights reserved.