General Information
Fees & Forms
Local Rules
Court RFQs & RFPs
News and Media
Employment Opportunities
Court Locations
Site Map
Glossary of Legal Terms
Family & Children
Family Law Facilitator/Self Help
Jury Services
Landlord / Tenants
Restraining Orders
Small Claims
Grand Jury
Security Screening
Related Links

Criminal Records Information

Records Information

If you have a Case Number

If you do not have a Case Number

Costs for Copies

Contact Court

Return to the Criminal Main Page


Records Information

Clerks cannot assist you with a record search by phone, you must either appear in person or you may submit a written request with the appropriate fees enclosed.  Turn around time for processing of these requests is approximately 10 court days.

If you have a case number

If you have a case number and would like copies of the file, you may submit a written request and a  self addressed stamped envelope along with a check or money order with the words “Not to Exceed $25.00” to cover the initial cost of the copies.   You will be notified (by mail or phone) should the cost exceed the $25.00.  Checks and money orders should be made payable to CLERK OF THE COURT and mailed to 1640 Kings County Drive, Hanford CA 93230, Attention Criminal Division.  DO NOT SEND CASH.  You may also appear in person.

If you do not have a case number

You may submit a written request for a criminal case search.  You must provide the following information such as specific name of defendant, date of birth, social security number, or driver’s license number and the type of violation defendant was charged with if known.  The Hanford Division can search for those cases filed from 1989 to present for the entire county (Hanford, Avenal, Corcoran and Lemoore jurisdictions).  You may also use the public access computer located in the lobby of the Criminal Division-Hanford.


Costs for Copies and Filings

  • $.50 per page for copies
  • $25.00 for certification (per document)
  • $15.00 search fee if time of search exceeds 15 min.
  • $20.00 per exemplification
  • $60.00 to dismiss a misdemeanor
  • $120.00 filing fee for 1203.4 motion

If your requested information is incomplete, or the appropriate fees are not attached the request will be returned to you.  You must submit a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of documents to you.  If an envelope is not enclosed your request will be processed and held for three (3) months then destroyed if you do not contact the court.


If you need to speak with a clerk regarding your processing request you may call the Hanford- Division at (559) 582-1010, select option 4 from the call menu.



Superior Court of California, Kings County
All contents copyright (C) 2003, All rights reserved.